Saturday, September 18, 2010

Milestone of India - Best Feature Film Award - ‘Pasanga' best Tamil film.

CHENNAI: Tamil film industry has retained its share of fame in the National Film Awards by bagging a couple of awards this year.

Illayaraja, who has won the award for the Best Music Director (Background Score) for the film ‘Pazhassi Raja' at the 57th National Film Award, which was announced on Wednesday, showered accolades on the film director Hariharan.

“He did not attend any award function held for him because I had not been bestowed with any award. His film came alive with interesting characterisation.”

Saying that nothing can distract him from his work, Mr. Illayaraja added “Awards come when they ought to… But my mind never gets distracted. I can think only music.”

The four-time national-award winner said the essence of music is now lost in films. “It is just not music. Technology has pervaded every department of cinema and it is nothing like old times.” Composing music, Mr.Illayaraja says, has been spontaneous for him. “If you ask me where do I begin [when composing music], I am clueless. It comes impulsively.”

‘Pasanga', a film that is already basking in glory with a bunch of awards, hogged the centre-stage once again by being adjudged the Best Tamil Film. Its producer Sasikumar said his search for a good storyline for children came to an end when he met director Pandiraj. “There are hardly any films in Tamil done for children. I wanted a story that is realistic yet entertaining. I owe this award to director and artists of the film.”

Best Child Artist award also went to the film's lead actors - Kishore and Sriram, whose performances proved to be a path-breaker in Tamil cinema. Sriram, who sounded elated, said he jumped with joy when his father called him to inform about the award. “I still can't believe I have won a national award so early in my career. I had a little hope after our film won a few awards but when it happens, it is unbelievable,” says the 14-year-old. As an added credit to the film, director Pandiraj has won the Best Screenplay (Dialogue) award.

No comments:

Post a Comment